Power of Many: March 19
We must show Doug Ford, the new PC Government, and all Ontarians - that any attack on workers will be met with fierce opposition by organized labour and our community partners.
Durham Power of Many: Regional Activation Meeting
All-Presidents, labour leadership and activist meeting
Tuesday, March 19, 6:00 pm
With the Doug Ford government, there is a lot at stake for labour and communities throughout Ontario. Labour and community allies must be at the forefront of the Ford Resistance.
On Tuesday, March 19, the Ontario Federation of Labour and the Durham Region Labour Council are hosting a Regional Ford Activation Meeting in Oshawa. We are inviting all labour and community activists and leaders across the Durham Region.
Whether we are fighting for decent work, in support of public education, against cuts and the privatization of our public services, or in standing against hate, labour’s vibrancy and activism remains critical to protecting and advancing collective bargaining rights, public services and social justice.
We have fought and won before. We will do it again. Let’s get organized to win!
The regional meeting will:
- Lay out what is at stake for Ontario in the coming months and years.
- Introduce a member-to-member campaign that allows for stronger communication with rank-and-file members.
- Launch a provincial-wide rapid response network to coordinate local fightback efforts.
- Build and set a plan of action through resistance with community allies over the next several months.
- Identify where and how we increase capacity, support, and infrastructure for the fightback.
- Identify what tools are required to build our fightback network and escalate our actions.
Local union presidents, executive members, local equity and political action committees, shop stewards, activists, key decision-makers and leaders in your community are invited to attend. OFL officers and CLC staff will be in attendance.
Date: Tuesday, March 19
Time: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Location: IBEW Hall 1001 Ritson Rd S., Oshawa, ON L1H 4G5
*A light meal and refreshments will be provided